Olympic Wings organises a XC seminar with Bruce Goldsmith from 23. to 30. August 2014 at Mount Olympus in Greece.
Bruce Goldsmith is a famous and well-known pilot – World Cup Champion, Author of Fifty Ways to Fly Better and Paraglider Designer at BGD – Bruce Goldsmith Design.
The topics on the XC seminar are based on Bruce’s book, Fifty Ways to Fly Better:
- Heaps of tips to help you climb fast and efficiently
- Psychological techniques to help you perform at your best
- In-depth guides to flying the flatlands and mountains
- Advice to keep you safe while flying near clouds and terrain
- Skills and tactics to help you fly bigger cross country distances
- Straight-forward illustrations to help you maximize flying conditions
- Simple explanations of diverse wind and thermal flow patterns and structures
- Insights into paragliding design. What do the modern design features mean to the XC pilot
Mount Olympus is the highest mountain range in Greece with its highest peak Mytikas at 2.917 m. The south western area of the mountain has fantastic cross country and thermalling conditions. The large flatland area of Thessaly towards the south offers a big potential for open distance and triangle XC flights. The main take-off for the XC seminar is located on the western side of Mount Olympus, on top of the village Kalivia. It is called Tourtofolia and provides take-off directions towards west, south and east at a height of 1.250 m. Several paragliding and hanggliding competitions up to world cup level have been organized here already.